- The Department has organized a one-day seminar on ISSUES IN HISTORY in Association with IQAC on 18th August 2017. We have invited Dr Yuthika Mishra Vivekanand College, University of Delhi and Dr Santoshi Kumari LBC University of Delhi, for their views on contemporary issues of history.
- The Department also organized a National Seminar on HISTORY AND HERITAGE OF SINDH in collaboration with NCPSL, New Delhi on 15th February 2018.
- The Department has organized one-day Career counselling and lecture on NATURE AND IDEA OF HISTORY on 3rd April 2019. We have invited Dr Bhuwan Kumar Fellow, NMML, Delhi and Dr Ranjan Kumar SSNC, University of Delhi, for their views on a diverse aspect of History.
- The Department has organized a one-day seminar on ISSUES IN HISTORY in Association with IQAC on 31st August 2019. We have invited Dr Radha Madhav Bhardwaj DDU, University of Delhi, Dr Mihir Kumar Jha ARSDC, University of Delhi, Dr Prem Kumar MLNE, University of Delhi, for their interpretations on the various facet of History.
- The Department has organized a One-day seminar on ONE STEP FOR NEEDY Collaboration with NGO, UMEED: A drop of hope on 13th November 2019.
- The Department has organized a One-day seminar on OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION (OBE) on 7th December 2020.
- Department of History and Gandhi Study Circle, Shyam Lal College, Evening in association with IQAC organized a webinar on ‘Reading Hind Swaraj’, a conversation between the Readers and the Editors. The event was organized on 2nd October 2021, Gandhi Jayanti with the aim to remind the students as well as all the listeners about the thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi on HIND SWARAJ.
- The department of History in Collaboration with Sakshya and IQAC organised a Diginar on “India’s changing dynamics with the Soviet Union/Russia” on 16th November 2021. The distinguished speaker was Dr Amitabh Singh, Associate professor,JNU & moderated by Mr. Saurabh.
- Department of History, Shyam Lal College, Evening organized an interactive session with the first-year students on ‘Read Ancient History and Historiography’ by Graduates where the graduates of second and third year interacted with their juniors and presented various topics from the first year History syllabus. The event was organized on 20th December 2021 to make the freshers familiar with the topics and with their seniors.